Difficulty: Very easy
Distance: 5 km
Positive Elevation: 49 m
The hike is family-friendly; it goes on to the plateau, has a very low elevation and is accessible to all.
360° views are peaceful, the famous Monts du Cantal and Aubrac surround the visitor who feels free and well. As you go along the hike, art and amenities reveal a whole: life, nature, man, Earth, culture, local traditions.
Some of the best loved activities include a giant ant-house done in hazelnut tree branches and a shed with a very welcoming witch who has set tiny tables and chairs for a picnic or mid afternoon snack.
Sculpted stone and wooden cows
– Departure from the town hall go to Place des tilleuls, make a right next to the supermarket, follow the footpath lined with lime trees alongside the D18 heading towards Brommat; the hike is 5 kilometres long.
- Alternative: short and easy hike: 1.7 kilometres.
Start at the town hall, get to Place des tilleuls, next to the supermarket follow the road markings alongside road D139, walk past the cheese cooperative in Thérondels, then walk into a fir tree forest with lots of surprises, get out of the woods following road markings along the way, you will get to a crossroads on the D18 ,make a right and the road will lead to Thérondels which is your starting point.
Points of interest
- Cheese cooperative and Antoine’s museum (a collection of tractors); free visits every Fridays during school holidays get there at 10 a.m.
- In the winter climb onto the plateau using snowshoes that you can rent from Vival supermarket for €1 a pair for one day (05 65 66 21 29).
- You can also walk along the path with the donkeys rented from Antoine Froment (06 80 41 11 05).
- Fantasy walks: fire, wind, water, stone, magic forest… the elements of the Earth tell their stories as if they had a soul of their own when walking along these fantasy walks starting from the villages of Brommat, Lacroix-Barrez, Mur-de-Barrez, Murols, Taussac. For 10 years, the inhabitants of the Carladez village in northern Aveyron have been very creative and free which makes the fantasy walks and the footpaths very lively. They are free of charge and open year round.
Where to get advice and information?
At the Tourist Information Office
All the route guidelines are available in print at the Tourist Information Office, free of charge except the guidelines for foot walks..
Tél. : 05 65 66 10 16
Embark the guidebook with you!
New feature! Available on your smartphone or tablet.
Get all the info on hikes in Carladez on the free app Cirkwi, available on the AppStore and GooglePlay. You can download one or more guidelines prior to your trip and then use them while walking or riding even if there is no Internet connection.